Suzuki Ertiga 2019 Review
The Suzuki Ertiga 2019 is this model’s second generation and in November 2018 made its India debut. It will come in four trim levels, which include Z+, Z, L, and V along with the options of either diesel or petrol engines. The petrol engines are available with automatic or manual gearboxes but the diesel engine only offers a 5-speed manual transmission.
This model received comprehensive mechanical and aesthetic upgrades and has been built on a safer and lighter new-generation HEARTECT platform, which will help to enhance its fuel and performance efficiency. This will also make the Suzuki Ertiga 2019 safer, lighter, and stiffer than the previous generations. It also offers longer dimensions and premium styling but will have the same boxy profile.
- Petrol engine - K15B 1.5 litre VVT four-cylinder that has been newly developed
- Diesel engine - 1.3 litre MJD, which is their tried and tested diesel engine.
- 15-inch alloy wheels
- Projector headlamps
- LED tail lamps that are boomerang-shaped
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- New greenhouse design
- For the third row there are roof mounted AC vents
- SmartPlay infotainment system
- Steering wheel is leather wrapped
- Steering wheel and dashboard have wooden inserts
- Driver’s seat is height adjustable
- Push button start and stop
- Rear parking sensors with a camera
- Dual airbags
- Automatic climate control
- Width - 1,735mm
- Length - 4,395mm
- Height - 1,690mm
- Boot space 2- 09 litres with all three rows in position but if the second and third row are folded it can be expanded to 809 litres.
- Ground clearance - 180mm
With this model being larger it will give the rear occupants more shoulder space and generous cabin space. The dimensions of this model will mean that it is 5mm taller, 99mm longer, and 40mm wider than its predecessor.
- New outside rear view mirrors
- New door handles
- Wraparound tail lamps
- Shorter windscreen
- Revised bumper
- New spoiler
- New tail-gate
- Metallic Silky Silver
- Pearl Metallic Auburn Red
- Pearl Arctic White
- Pearl Metallic Oxford Blue
- Metallic Magma Grey
Most of connectivity and comfort features are carried over from the new Swift hatchback but this model does have more features loaded than its predecessor. One thing is the slightly designed switchgears and gear lever. The design layout has improved material quality.
- New dashboard design
- New floor and door panels
- Three spoke steering wheels that have mounted controls
- Top-end models will have the SmartPlay infotainment system along with a floating 6.8 touchscreen display while entry level models will have the basic music system.
- Automatic climate control
- HVCA controls and circular vents
- Air-conditioning vents in the rear
- 7 seat layout
- Touchscreen audio with navigation
- More leg room for the third row passengers
- Multiple storage compartments
There are also many safety features like dual airbags, anti-locking braking system, rear parking sensors, and more.
Posted: 13 March 2019