All-New Mazda BT-50 2021
This is the third generation Mazda BT-50 pickup that is sitting on the new Isuzu platform. Finally, after nine years, this pickup has gotten a total overhaul. For the starting point of this overhaul, the companies used the Isuzu D-Max. It has also adapted its Kodo design language for the first time. It will give the pickup a more utilitarian, rugged focus. The winning combination for the Mazda BT-50 is a face that pulls inspiration from Mazda’s CX-9 and CX-5 and the incorporation of the smooth-edged sheet metal.
The greatest change is the underpinnings, which means that it has gotten rid of its Ford-based componentry for the Isuzu D-Max platform. There is also a new powertrain with a 3.0-liter turbo-diesel inline-four. It produces 188 horsepower with either a two-wheel or four-wheel drive. You also have the choice of a six-speed automatic transmission or a six-speed manual.
The Mazda BT-50 measures 5280 L x 1870 W x 1790 H mm and is a dual-cab. When buying this vehicle, you will get to choose between the entry-level XT, the range-topping GT, or the sportier XTR. All these models will over a style-sub tub, also known as the “pick-up body.” It will gain space-cab variants with one of those being rear-hinged back doors. This will allow easier access to the seats in the rear.
All the models of the Mazda BT-50 will be powered by a 3.0-liter turbo-diesel four-cylinder in either a six-speed automatic or six-speed manual.
Mazda BT-50 models and what they offer.
Mazda BT-50 XT
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- LED headlamps
- Power-adjustable exterior mirrors
- Power windows
- Manual transmission with cruise control.
- Automatic transmission with adaptive cruise control
- Infotainment 7.0-inch touch screen full-color
- Bluetooth audio capability and hands-free telephone
- Reverse camera
- Anti-braking system
- Blindspot monitor
- Emergency stop signal.
- Emergency lane-keeping
- Rollover protection
Mazda BT-50 XTR
This one offers what the Mazda BT-50 XT does with these extras. The wheels have changed to 18-inch alloy wheels.
- Exterior mirrors have a power-folding function.
- LED front fog lamps, headlamps with auto-leveling, signature daytime running lamps.
- Side steps
- Dual-zone climate control
- Auto-dimming interior mirror
- Infotainment with a 9.0-inch full-color screen.
- Satellite navigation
- Keyless entry
- Leather-wrapped gear knob and steering wheel.
Mazda BT-50 GT
This model includes all of the above in addition to the following.
- Brown leather seat trim
- Eight-way power adjustment on the driver’s seat
- Chrome exterior mirrors with heating function
- Front seats are heated.
- Automatic transmission has a remote engine start.
- Parking sensors on the front
As you can see, each model offers more upgrades with the Mazda BT-50 GT being the top of the line. One thing to note is that though the exterior design is distinctly Mazda, the inside of the truck mimics its Isuzu kin. Unfortunately, if you live in the United States, this truck will not be available to you.
Posted: 16 Auust 2021